Here is what I'm up to lately:
- I recently transitioned jobs and I'm working as a developer (previously I was an SRE). This has been a welcome change of pace and I'm enjoying being able to get my hands dirty in the codebase.
- I got married in 2021! Having dated my wife for 6 years prior to getting married, I was surprised when marriage did actually begin to feel different. It feels more permanent, more meaningful. It feels more important. It's a humbling experience.
- I'm trying to become more sustainable. This is true in all aspects of my life but especially in computing. I am currently using a Raspberry Pi as my main computer outside of work (I require a Macbook for work).
- I'm cycling around a lot, usually for commuting. It's in part for sustainability, part because I don't believe cars are a good solution for around-town transportation, and part because I enjoy interacting with people as I ride.
- My wife and I just bought a town house in North Raleigh! We'll be moving there in July of 2022. It's inside the city limits so I will be able to interact with the politics in the city, and it's walking and cycling distance to just about anywhere I'd need to go!
- I've also rediscovered my love for TableTop Role Playing Games. In particular I've been getting into Old School Essentials. It's not a perfect system, but in general I really enjoy running a game of OSE.